- Course Aim
- SARS-CoV-2 is a type of Coronavirus. This special event video provides factual information regarding the virus, the potential impact of the virus to aged care and any strategies aged care needs to implement to mitigate the risk of infection to clients and staff.
There are 3 video presentations in this course:
- Chapter 1: COVID-19 in a Care Environment
This video features an interview with Margaret Jennings who is a Microbiologist and discusses COVID-19 and what strategies can be utilised in the workplace to reduce the risks to your staff and those in your care.
- Chapter 2: Hand Hygiene
Hand hygiene is an essential part of containing the spread of COVID-19. In this short video we demonstrate how to perform hand hygiene using an alcohol hand rub and general hand washing hands using soap and water as per the World Health Organisation’s recommendations.
- Chapter 3: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The appropriate use of PPE prevents the transmission of COVID-19 and keeps health workers safe, but it’s essential it’s applied and removed correctly. This video contains a demonstration of donning and removing of the appropriate PPE when caring for a person who has COVID-19.
- Learning Outcomes
- Describe what Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is
- Explain what effect could the disease have on aged care services
- Describe what infection control precautions need to be implemented if someone in aged care has contracted coronavirus