Fraser Manor has an opening for a multi-faceted supervisory position.
First and foremost this position requires Level 4 Health and Wellness certification with at least 2 years experience in performing the duties below:
It is a management position that requires experience and understanding of rest home functioning and procedures including quality care and functional logistics of facility services.
- To manage and oversee the facility services and its staff.
- To perform supervision of HCA care staff and maintain knowledge and experience levels consistent with a Level 4 Health Care Assistant.
- To write and edit policies and procedures consistent with the Ministry of Health guidelines and Health and Disability Services Standards for Rest Home level care.
- To oversee purchasing, ordering, and procurement of assets and products for the facility.
- To oversee and coordinate with contractors and suppliers.
- To diagnose and repair faults with the plant and services of the rest home facility.
- To perform and oversee proper health and safety of staff, residents, visitors, and property.
- To perform proper infection control in all aspects of work.
- To serve as acting Facility Manager as needed.
AS REQUIRED DUTIES (MAY INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- To perform maintenance, preventative maintenance, and upkeep of the facility and its contents.
- To write policies and procedures for effective facility function and required documentation for adherence to the ARRC contract.
- To perform purchasing, ordering, and procurement of products and services for the facility.
- To maintain proper logs and certificates for the facility as required by government authorities.
- To maintain emergency supplies and the management of such.
- To oversee the maintenance of the gardens and grounds of the facility.
- To oversee the operation of the facility’s laundry and machinery.
- To oversee maintaining that the facility is clean, tidy, and presentable.
- To oversee security of the facility buildings, grounds, and its contents.
- To provide interdepartmental support of the carers, laundry, cleaning, kitchen, activities, etc.
- Health and Wellbeing – Level 4 Certificate
- Testing and Tagging Certificate
- Comprehensive First Aid Certificate
- Professional understanding of health and safety regulations, e.g. electricity, falls prevention, infection control, and building codes, etc.
- Experience writing policies and procedure for Rest Home level care per the ARRC requirements.
- A minimum of two (2) years health care experience in residential care.
- General physical fitness.
- Initiative and ability to prioritise workloads.
- Empathy with the elderly.
- Ability to do maintenance work.
- Recognition of own limitations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Ability to perform all duties in accordance with relevant legislation and codes.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability, along with the ability to show initiative and cope well with change.
- All staff must observe privacy and confidentiality of residents and facility business.
- Support and uphold the policies, procedures, mission statement, and philosophies of Fraser Manor at all times.