The Laundry Aide is responsible for assisting in all aspects of laundering resident clothing and facility linens.
- Sorting and laundering all linen and resident garments.
- Folding and distributing clean linens.
- Keeping residents’ closet/drawer areas orderly.
- Cleaning dryer lint screens.
- Demonstrating adherence to Health and Safety guidelines to minimize infections by following aseptic techniques including those that apply to blood borne pathogens.
- Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity, privacy, independent, choice, individuality, and a home-like environment for residents.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors.
- Ability to relate positively and communicate appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other employees.
- Has compassion and special interest in working with the senior population.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and overtime, to meet the requirements of the position.
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
NZ WORK OR RESIDENT VISA IS REQUIRED